Barley Grass Powder Benefits

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Check
Published: 12th December 2010
Views: N/A

Barley Grass Benefits



Barley grass is grown by placing the seeds within a container of water. During the sprouting process it is best to let the barley grass grow to roughly 10 inches. After harvesting, barley grass can be turned into a powder. It is this powder which can be placed in water to make barley tea. It is important to know, however, that many of the healthy enzymes contained within this plant will be lost if the powdered barley is placed in hot water. I sometimes just let the water sit until its room temp before making tea. You can also try drinking your tea cool. There are many different types of tea's that have a lot of health benefits. Powdered barley tea is no exception.



Vitamin C



Barley Grass is loaded with vitamin C.. In fact, powdered barley contains about seven times as much vitamin C as an orange! Vitamin C is not only essential for a healthy immune system, it is also important because of how it functions as an anti-oxidant. The antioxidants of Vitamin C found in powdered barley support hypertension, cardiovascular disease, as well as diabetes. Vitamin C is a very popular supplement to take. While health supplements are certainly beneficial, obtaining vitamins and minerals from more direct sources has greater health advantages than supplements. Your body can process barley grass much easier therefore getting more value from barley then from a supplement.



Calcium



Barley Grass is also a great source of clacium, it has almost 10 times more calcium then milk. Calcium helps build strong bones in teeth, where roughly 99% of the bodyís calcium is kept. The other 1% of the bodyís calcium that can be obtained from powdered barley is used for functions such as muscle contraction and triggering the release of neurotransmitters in the brain. Neurotransmitters help make thought and perception possible. Being deficent is calcium can lead to many health problems. Here are a few indication that you are low in calcium, muslce aches and cramps. Insomnia and fatigue are also connected with calcium deficiency. Powdered barley helps keep these symptoms at bay.



Iron



Incorporating barley greens into your diet can also help you get iron. Think spinach has a lot of iron, barley contains about 5 times more iron. If you feel weak and tired often, you may not be getting enough iron. Iron helps extract the energy found in food. If you are low in iron your body will have a very tough time getting the proper nutrients from the food you eat. Powdered barley can help you feel more energized because of its high iron level. As you can see getting more barley grass into your diet can have a big effect on your health!. Vitamin C, calcium, and iron are all found within barley grass. Mixing your self a cup of tea every now and then is not only fast, simple and easy, itís extremely beneficial. Start using powdered barley now and start improving your physical condition.





For more info on barley grass http://www.powderedbarley.com/barley-grass-benefits/

This article is copyright


Report this article Ask About This Article


Loading...
More to Explore